Here is the results of my first attempt although the perfectionist in me means I will have another go just to iron out a few problems. If you don't do encaustic art then alcohol inks or ink pads would create fantastic backgrounds.
So, the background is an encaustic painting and the black silhouettes are vinyl cut out on the Cameo. To start I took an A4 sheet of paper used for encaustic painting. The colours used are the reds, burgundies, pinks and black as per the bottom of this picture (please ignore the blues / greys as these are for the next attempt):
I painted the wax over the paper to create the background, polished and then sealed the painting to prevent it from fading in the future. The black silhouettes were purchased from the SIL store and are as follows:
Words (Be the Change) #49539
Giraffes (Safari) #18473
Elephant #5671 (I erased the tusk to turn this into a female elephant and just reduced the size for the baby)
Geese flying #5442
I welded the elephants to the safari file and cut this, the geese and the words out in black vinyl.
Now this is were it went slightly wrong. Due to the texture created with encaustic painting when I attached the vinyl the lumps and bumps showed through at certain angles. So, if you going to do an encaustic background I would suggest you attach the vinyl to an A4 piece of acetate and then attach this to your picture.
The frame was a bargain - I found it on the sale shelf at Tesco's.