Friday 11 September 2015

Texture Embossing Folder (5 x 7) - Dry Stone Wall

I wanted to try out a new technique I had seen on YouTube and I thought this embossing folder would work brilliantly with it.

I took an A4 piece of craftwork card, gave it a light coating of white Gesso and left it to dry overnight. I cut out a 5" x 7" piece and embossed it with the dry stone wall textures embossing folder. I very lightly sanded a few area's just to bring back some of the brown kraft card and distress ink and ended up with a lovely white washed wall finish (hope that makes sense).



All that was left to do was add a few embellishments and a sentiment so I went for a ribbon and flowers and the sentiment I left unmounted as I wanted the embossing to show through as much as possible.

My husband did help with this bit (he picked the colour of the flowers and the quantity), The card was shown on TV and he was telling everyone this this was his design.... (bless)!

Well, I hope you all have a lovely weekend - I may be able to spend a few hours finishing off a few crafty projects this weekend x



Items used:

Texture Embossing Folder – Dry Stone Wall (5 x 7)
Kraft Card
Gesso (white)
Distress Inks (Vintage Photo & Walnut Stain)
Ribbon
Itsy Bitsy Quilling Die
Stamen Quilling Die
Blossom Quilling Die
Rhinestone Gems
Classiques Only Words Die – Cherish
Die’Sire Ivy Die
Red Tape
Aleene’s Tacky Glue

10 comments:

  1. Hi Angela this is a gorgeous card I love the dry stone wall effect. Thank you for sharing the technique. Have a great weekend. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, great design. I like the backing die you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, gesso is something I want to play with using masks, but this idea looks fun to, thanks for sharing :) Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, i love the colours and design

    Lorna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow this is superb, and congratulations with it being on the tv :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, I do like the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow loving your card ... I am hoping to get some of the stencils like the dry stone embossing folder you have used ( I do not have any embossing machines) ... love the look you have got ... hope you had a great holiday ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card....love the background and the pretty flowers....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've used this technique fantastically well, the card looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete