Tuesday 31 January 2017

Cards For Men using Die'sire Rectangle Accordion Die with Splendour overlay

When it comes to men's cards I do struggle and occasionally end up buying a card (yes as a crafter I am hanging my head in shame). This was a card I really enjoyed making because I got to try out a technique I hadn't used before and that is the triple emboss.

So here is the card:


The base is made from black card using the Die'sire Rectangle Accordion die and the overlay is the Die'sire Splendour overlay die also cut out of black card.

Before you start ensure you have two or three jars perfect pearls (powder) at the ready and only do one overlay at a time. Now this is quite a messy technique and is a little time consuming so this isn't a card to do if you are in a rush.

Apply Versamark to the overlay and cover with UTE powder (ultra thick embossing). Heat this up and and repeat another two times.

Take the perfect pearls and randomly dust / sprinkle small amounts of all the colours onto the embossed overlay. Don't try and make this neat, it's best if you keep it completely random. Reheat the embossed area's so that the perfect pearls 'take'. If you want to add more perfect pearls you can repeat this as many times as you like.

Decorate the inner panels however you like. I used Distress Inks for the sky background and stamps to create the scene / sentiment. I then covered this with clear embossing powder so that it had a lovely glossy finish.

I loved the metallic look the overlay has and I will be using this technique again, possibly on something larger next time.

Items used:
Die'sire Accordion Rectangle Die
Die'sire Rectangle Overlay - Splendour
Black Card
Versamark
Perfect Pearl Powders
UTE powder

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow Angela this is amazing. I love it. I must try this technique. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't we all hate the men cards! This is fabulous :-)

    ReplyDelete