Saturday 25 March 2017

Die'sire Twit Twoo Mixed Media Die - The Aliens Are Coming........

When I get a new Die the first thing I do is cut it out on some scrap card and see what it looks like, it helps me think about how it can be used.

So when I was working with the new Twit Twoo Mixed Media Die's from Crafters Companion I noticed that upside down it was the perfect shape for aliens. Not only that the Die can be used to cut out card bases.

They were so much fun to make, here are my Alien critters:


For the card base: Fold the card in half and then place the Twit Twoo Die on the card with the die slightly overhanging the folded side (so that it leaves an area which won't be cut into).

If you turn the card upside down the 'ears' of the Owl become the feet for the Aliens. The Owl 'feet' make perfect antennae and the Owl eyes / eyelids can be used to finish off the card.

All the dies you need are in the Twit Twoo pack so no need to buy anything extra. However, for a bit of texture I did use the 'Scattered Dots' embossing folder from Sara's Birthday Party range (there was also a version of this free with the Crafter's Inspiration Magazine 13).

I hope this will inspire you to look at your die's in a different way and see what you can make with them. Thank you for popping by x

Items Used:
Die'Sire Mixed Media Twit Twoo
Centural Pearl Card
Core'dinations Cardstock
Distress Inks - Twisted Citron, Dried Margigold, Dusty Concord
Sara's Birthday Party - Scattered Dots embossing folder
Black Card

8 comments:

  1. Hi Angela these are such fun I love them. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How inventive - great for little boy cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! I'd never have thought of that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these are so fab, love the bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fab Angela! Love the fun element. My boys would love them. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so chuckled when I saw these, brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness just love your aliens ... what a great idea ... yes gotta think outside of the box lol ... hope you have had a super sunday ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fabulous, well done. Janice xx

    ReplyDelete