I decided to cut out a couple of these onto encaustic card so that I could paint the waxes onto them. For this butterfly I used reds and a dark pink wax. The effect was created by just 'dabbing' the iron onto the card several times and I did this to both butterflies.
To protect the wax I have coated it with a protective sealant and then stuck the two butterflies together using a glue gel. I bent some wire for the antennae and pushed these into the glue gel and then added gem stones for the body.
So, here is the finished butterfly which will be winging its way to sparklingblackrose on Monday - hope you like it x