Friday 16 May 2014

Off to the Pub and a Garden Party at Buckingham Palace

What a lovely day and I have been stuck in an air conditioned office all day so Adam and I are off to the pub for our tea and maybe a drink or three.

I have some really exciting news which I have been wanting to share for quite a while but only got the confirmation a couple of weeks ago. We have been invited to a Garden Party at Buckingham Palace (well, Adam has and I am his guest). I am so excited and this was the reason I had to go dress shopping last week. Well I am happy to say that I have the dress, shoes, bag and a substantial Fascinator (hope its not too windy on the day) and I promise to blog more about it later.

And so onto crafting. Here is another gorjuss girl card, it's actually one of the last decoupage images I have from the two kits I purchased a while back. I am really pleased with how far the kits have stretched but I don't think I will buy anymore. I much prefer stamping /colouring my own images:


The background is a wallpaper sample I have had for years and could not bring myself to throw it away. The flower is cut out on the Cameo and I added Candi to the centre of the flower and down the edge of the card. I used the beige / cream colour scheme as these are the favourite colours of the person it is being sent to.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend but for now there is a glass of wine with my name on it so see you all later xx

16 comments:

  1. Wow would you like me to curtsey before I leave my comment...lol love the card and the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow super card angela ... love that little image and super news about the Palace ... how very exciting ... cant wait to hear all the news ... hope the weather is as nice as it is promising this weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love the colours and detail, lovely image too

    have a lovely weekend, happy hopping
    Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting - hope you have a wonderful time at the Garden Party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the flower and swirl embellishment on this card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Gorjuss card! That wallpaper sample makes a great background. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card.....Enjoy your tea and a few drinks...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  8. have a great time at the Palace -beautiful card love the colour scheme gorgeous
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The card is gorgeous. I know what you mean about kits. Fantastic news about the garden party. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fab card, The colours and patterns are lovely. I also really like your floral embellishment.
    Heike xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh. hope the sun shines on you at the garden party - you lucky things! This card is so lovely... love it all .... xxx(Just hopping form DC) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. great card and love the wallpaper background-well done on the invite -hope the weather is fine for you
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty card.
    How lucky to be going to a garden party at the palace...enjoy
    hoppity x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Angela a beautiful card and love the flower (and the image of course) A Garden Party how fabulous! Oh you are going to have such a memorable time... loads of photo ops that I hope you will share with us. Did you manage to wind down at the pub?

    ReplyDelete
  15. On the hop from dc.
    Great card and very exciting news! Go you x

    ReplyDelete