Saturday 21 February 2015

First Scrapbook Page

One of my resolutions this year was to try making some scrapbook pages and my aim is to try to complete one a month.

This is my first one and it's of our little kitty who sadly died last year. She had the most gorgeous coloured fur so I decided to match my colours to this. Its a 12x12 page and is another first for me. I do find the larger things difficult to make at the momemt which is probably because I made atc's for such a long time (which are 2.5" x 3.5").


Each piece has been mounted onto dark brown card. The white layer is actually vellum which has a sparkle to it.I mounted this onto a sheet of paper which had script on it after I had used inks to shade around the edges. The 'Pookie' has been cut in dark brown and brown card stock and when I glued them together I offset them slightly to give it a shadow effect. (This was a technique I saw on YouTube and I love the effect it gives).

The two kitties at the bottom left of the page are to represent Pookie and her brother Bobo who passed away shortly after Pookie. They were so close so this pair were perfect. My next scrapbook project is to do a page for Bobo.

Well, we walked around Derwent Dam this morning and it snowed on and off. Beautiful scenery and definitely going to do more pages with the photos I took (perhaps smaller ones though). Here are a couple of photo's:




That is me in the photo and just in case it doesn't look like it, it was really really really cold....

Thank you for popping by, have a great weekend and stay warm everyone x

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful page, you have done a great job with the 12x12 scrapbook page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous page it is such a lovely way to remember Pookie. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely scrapbook page, the colour combo really compliments the picture of your cat.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic page, it really captures Pooky's beautiful colouring. She certainly was a very pretty cat. Lainie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely keepsake for your kitten. The 2 cat silhouettes are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page Angela...lovely photo of Pookie....and yes your other photo of derworth dam look so cold...best way to see it ...looks like your the only people about!...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely page to remember Pookie :D and really nice photos :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous memory page for a very loved fur baby. We lost 2 of ours last year (Mother and daughter). Just hopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful page, and I love the shadow writing idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely tribute to Pookie >^-^<
    I did a similar mini book when my Tia went to pussycat heaven. Lovely memories.

    Fab photo; keep warm :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely project, Angela, and a very touching tribute.

    ReplyDelete